Snorkel and watch the spectacular Sailfish/Marlin as they dance and herd the Bolas of Sardines. The Bolas are magnificent giant balls of sardines (delicious prey to the Sailfish) that come to the Gulf during January – March. The Sailfish are the fastest fish in the ocean and can travel up to 60+ mph to catch their prey!
An experienced and certified guide will take you on a wild adventure by locating flocks of seabirds skimming the water surface and picking up Sardine morsels. This surface activity indicates that underwater there are Sailfish herding Sardines into Bolas – and this is where you can snorkel and watch the action up close. In 2016 we had an 80% success rate of seeing the Bolas, and you may also see Turtles, Dolphins, Manta Rays or even an off-season Whale Shark! You will want your camera for this journey.
The tour begins with a pickup from your hotel/resort in Cancun or Riviera Maya areas and includes a breakfast and tour outline at our luxury Marina. You will be provided with gear (bring your own wetsuit or rent one the Marina). You will travel on a High Speed 500HP mini yacht – 33’-35’ and help the crew to locate the Bolas, and will also enjoy a complimentary lunch as well. Truly an unforgettable trip of a lifetime!
Minimum age is 12 years
- Round Trip transfers from hotel/resort
- light welcome breakfast
- Professional Grade Certified National Geographic Snorkel Gear
- Flotation Jacket
- Water & Soft Drinks
- Nice Lunch
- Certified EXPERIENCED Captain & Inwater Guide
- All the EXCITEMENT & ADRENALIN you can manage
- Dock Fees & Protected area bracelet fees ($10 CASH @ MARINA P/P)
- Wetsuits (Bring yours or rent @ Marina)
- Crew Tips
- If using Sun Block, Must be Biodegradable